Business Development Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to work for a Recruitment Consultancy in Chelmsford, Essex. With the potential to earn up to £35k basic and £60k OTE. Benefits include free parking, team nights out, flexible hours, excellent development opportunities and a friendly team. At Skylight Search Consultants we are at a really exciting time of growth, having grown from a one-lady-entrepreneur to a team of 3 and our reputation is growing at a similar rate of success.
We are a unique search and recruitment firm that is striving to be outstanding and we are nearly there for many different reasons.
We are different because we:
1) Focus on strong candidate care
2) Promote flexible working for employees, ensuring work/life balance & results
3) Are committed to supporting the government's initiative to increase the representation of females in senior leadership roles.
4) Work on a project basis for 80% of our roles no matter what type of recruitment campaign
5) Generate excellent relationships with clients because we get it right first time
6) We are new, exciting and we are absolute professionals
We work with Essex and London based firms to source mid to senior level candidates within Sales & Marketing, Customer Services, Finance and HR and do the majority of our work on a project base and on exclusive terms.
We now need a strong Business Development Manager to identify new business opportunities and develop our retained & exclusive projects alongside the Managing Director. The purpose of the role is to grow our client base in Essex and London focusing on 40K+ roles within Customer Service, Finance, Sales and HR.
We are very conscious of the effects of social media and how this can promote new engagements and new opportunities so we need someone who is competent using LinkedIn as a regular sales tool and Twitter and Facebook as alternative ways to generate leads. In short, you mustn't be afraid of trying different channels to achieve great sales success.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to research client recruitment activity, business / industry news and uncover high potential leads and engage with prospect clients and win opportunities via a number of channels - social media, networking events, business development calls, client meetings and presentations.
- To engage SMEs in our services on an exclusive or retained basis .
- To market our brand via social media and be our brand ambassador at network meetings and client presentations.
- To engage with leads via Linkedin - participating in LinkedIn group discussions, sending targeted Inmails with a robust following up system
- To have the foresight / sixth sense to see opportunities in all corners of business - contacts, candidates, acquaintances, clients and act upon these leads and intuitions.
- To deliver an outstanding, professional proposition of our services and continually promote our core values as a recruitment partner ( Listen, Advise and Place) to everyone we come in to contact with.
- To be accountable for the generation of leads and to build a pipeline of opportunities and future wins.
- To meet new clients, present and negotiate fees & recruitment service
- To be accountable for all new business engagements and to win opportunities on a weekly basis.
- To work closely with our Talent and Sourcing Manager / Resourcer on each vacancy win to determine project plan and support on sourcing if the project needs.
- Report to the MD on any big opportunities that present themselves to discuss how we attack as a small business.
- Keep up to date with industry news / local business movements.
- Attend Essex or London based recruitment events that align with our core values or services
35K basic, OTE £60k plus benefits.
If you want to join us on this exciting journey of success and feel you can demonstrate your value to Skylight Search and have an impeccable background of sales and success within a B2B service industry, the Managing Director would like to hear from you. Perhaps you are an established Business Development Manager who is looking for their next step and we would love to hear from you.