Programme Manager-Public Policy
Programme Manager -Public Policy
As a Conference Producer you will have a naturally curious personality and a desire to learn about business and how changes in industries can affect the world today. You will take full responsibility for your Conference from day one. A thirst for business and a commercial mind set is key!
Conference Producers research and put together conference agendas. Crucially, this involves in-depth research into the target market, acquiring industry experts as speakers and writing a programme that is filled with intellectual content aimed for your target audience.
The role takes full responsibility for the content production of a major UK health Show and research and validation of new commercially driven content areas. The focus is on developing and delivering innovative content that will attract visitors and align to commercial objectives of exhibitors and sponsors.
This is a people-focused position where you will be measured on the quality of your content, ability to see the commercial opportunity and tenacity to secure sector-leading speakers.
The show has big ambitions and that this role would be key in driving and delivering them.
Traditionally, these exhibitions have behaved more like 'large scale conferences with exhibition stands alongside’. The next stage strategy for their events is to move towards an exhibition-based mindset and implementation so that they deliver 'content rich exhibitions’. The Senior Programme Manager would work closely with the Portfolio Head to implement this strategic change.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To develop commercially viable conferences based on in-depth market research (calling) into the relevant market and topic
- Identify new and interesting business trends
- To speak to business leaders worldwide - discussing developing issues - what’s going to be vital in the future
- To write the promotionally-led programmes
- To produce marketing campaigns and to work closely with the sales and logistics team to make sure the conference is successful
The Successful Candidate:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Ideally a proven track record of producing content for high quality, commercially successful expos and/or large-scale conferences. We will also consider candidates with strong commercial experience in public policy/research.
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing commercially focused copy for a range of mediums
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience of using content management systems (websites)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities.
We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next move.