Buyer - Products
My client is a well established distribution business selling products to the trade and are looking for a Buyer with strong analytical skills.
You will take control of approximately 100 suppliers spread across a range of different product types.
The role will include:
- Raising and collating purchase orders
- Verify acknowledgements
- Chase suppliers for delivery dates and updates for items not received on time or acknowledged by suppliers.
- Check product availability on specific sales enquires.
- Build relationships with your suppliers
- Engage with suppliers on new products, promotions and changes to existing products
- Monitor supplier performance and feedback to achieve improvements.
- Liaise with warehouse and suppliers regarding incorrect items supplies and any delivery issues
- Maintain supplier records
- Negotiate improved prices, terms and deals with suppliers.
Analysis & maintenance
- Monitor and provide statistics for supplier OTIF, lead time changes and suggestions for product review
- Complete new supplier application forms
- Import and update new suppliers, new prices, SKU's into our ERP system
- Advise management of any cost price increase that require sales price to be reviewed
- Check and validate price increases
- Provide reports for analytics on product performance
- Monitor, update and report monthly on rebates
Key skills & attributes:
- Have previous buying experience (products)
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem solving abilities
- Commercially & Financially aware
- Keen attention to detail and Accuracy
- Advanced Excel Skills