A large business based in Sheffield is currently looking to take on a Head of Payroll following from an acquisition that has created a requirement for this newly created position.
Your duties will include:
- Manage all payroll functions across the area, including all processing, documentation and compliance with Group and legislative requirements
- Review the current payroll processes and structure, suggest improvements and implement change
- Accountability for the efficient and timely completion of all Payroll processing and BACS payments
- Ensure accurate processing of wages and correct recording of wage deductions, pensions, NI and PAYE deductions
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and submission of all internal and external reporting
- Understand and implement best practice in payroll systems and processing, setting the highest standards, to ensure maximum efficiency of processes
- Manage the day to day management of the Payroll team, and ensure they have appropriate training, support and ongoing development
- Ensure proactive involvement with implementing legislative changes that will impact company procedures
- Actively promote communication between the Payroll team and the wider business
Ideally you will have:
- At least 5 years experience of working in a senior payroll management role, with staff management experience
- Formal payroll qualification preferred
- Experience of dealing with all levels within a business
- Strong interpersonal skills, being sympathetic but still achieving delivery of standards
- Highly numerate
- Good communication skills
- Strong system skills including MS office, including Intermediate Excel.
- Experience of working in a large organisation·
Offering a salary of 30-40k and a generous remuneration package to compliment.