Buying Assistant / Junior Product Developer - gifts & home
Must be within easy commute of North East London
We are working with a fun and quirky gift and home company who are dedicated to developing gorgeous design-led products for many well-known retail customers including the likes of John Lewis and Urban Outfitters as well as thousands of smaller independent boutiques and online stores.
They are on the hunt for a talented and hardworking Junior Product Developer / Buying Assistant to join their creative team.
You will work closely with the product development team, liaising with the Far East, managing samples and working to critical paths. An additional element to this role will also be to support the sales team during busy periods, dealing with the customers and processing orders.
This is a really exciting role working for a lovely company, so if you are hungry for your next step up on the product development/buying ladder then we would love to hear from you!
Your role as Junior Product Developer will include:
- Taking an active part in the initiation of new product ranges.
- Taking responsibility for certain aspects of the critical path, from initial concepts, right though to production.
- Ensuring target margins are met and maintained by negotiating cost prices with suppliers as well as lead times and MOQ’s.
- Dealing with Far East suppliers on a daily basis ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Helping to ensure all quality and technical product standards are met.
- Proof reading of products and packaging.
- Creating detailed product specifications.
- Looking at trends in the market and reporting back to team.
- Setting up new products on internal systems.
- Help sales team at peak times helping to process orders and speaking to customers.
- Attending trade shows in UK and Europe.
The successful Junior Product Developer applicant must have:
- At least 1+ years’ of hands on product development.
- Very strong commercial sense and be able to express this creatively and commercially.
- A good understanding of product process and procedure and experience of assisting with the management of a critical path.
- Experience working with Far East suppliers.
- A keen eye for design and trends.
- Excellent communicating skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Passion for product, show initiative and be keen to develop your skills and learn.
For a chat about this fabulous Junior Product Development role please contact Lucy Earing.