A top Property and Housing company based in West London are looking for an ambitious and confident Credit Controller to join their vibrant finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in a top Property and Housing company and develop a solid knowledge of Credit Control. As a credit controller within this West London team your main duties will include the following:
Chase outstanding payments:
- Chase outstanding rent collection funds using phone, email & letters to ensure that payment is collected on time.
- Keep landlords up to date with progression and any updates from tenants. Act as a single point of contact for tenants, landlords and Tenancy Managers throughout the process to build relationships and encourage timely payments.
- Monitor arrears and keep them as low as possible, aim to reduce any arrears older than 90 days so that the company can recognise the profit on time.
- Chase outstanding tenant renewal fees using phone and email.
- Chase outstanding letting and renewal fees from landlords.
- Liaise with neighbouring departments in order to gather any specialist/additional information to resolve queries efficiently.
- Maintain full and thorough notes on database to ensure a clear audit trail of events.
Allocate incoming payments:
- Allocate payments in various formats (such as credit or debit card, cheque, cash) accurately and apply relevant charges in line with the Company policy.
- Maintain regular cross functional communication with Client Accounts in order to ensure a seamless link, support and accurate reporting.
- Check and post the Standing Order Forms to the Tenant's bank to ensure that their bank is instructed to pay on time. Ensure that the Standing Order Forms are completed correctly and that a record of all posted forms is kept.
Support other departments and external suppliers:
- Work with Property/Tenancy Management or the Front Offices to respond to landlords or tenants when multiple issues are raised.
- Provide general advice to other departments both within HQ and in the Front Offices regarding arrears, card payments, cheque payments, Standing Order Forms and any compliance issues that may arise.
- Provide training for new/temporary members of the Department.
- Prepare training materials for negotiators to ensure that they are encouraging timely payments from their Tenants and Landlords.
If you have Credit Controller exprience and you're looking for an opportunity that can offer career progression then please don't hesitate to apply.