Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Free parking on site
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a progressive and expanding accountancy practice based in South East Kent. Our client is a multi-partner firm who service a large number of clients all over the UK and Europe.
Providing a hands on, friendly and personal service backed by modern technology has made them a firm favourite with their many clients. If you are keen to work with professionals that work hard, have fun, support their local community and each other, then this could be the position for you. They are looking for a Payroll Manager to join their busy payroll department. This is an interesting role in a fast paced environment. Accuracy and efficiency are key and full training and support will be given.
Our client is ideally looking for someone with practice experience and the type of person who ultimately sees themselves running a small team; though they will accept candidates that have run multiple payrolls within a parent company.
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (or equivalent), and have experience of working in a payroll environment for an accountancy practice.
• Management of client payrolls
• Overseeing and direct involvement in processing monthly and weekly payrolls for clients
• Managing and involvement in pensions' administration
• Supporting and helping clients to smoother, timely and more accurate payroll functions
• Communicating with both clients, the accounts team internally and amongst branches
• Overseeing reconciliation of payroll control accounts including tax, NI and pensions. Production of reports for internal and external use.
• Reviewing of processes and procedures regularly to ensure best practice and resilience.
The successful Payroll Manager will benefit from a supportive management structure, with scope to take control of this area within Ashford. This Payroll Manager position is varied, busy and rewarding, covering the full range of payroll responsibilities. You will need strong written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to report to deadlines.
Key skills required are:
Effective time and task management
Ability to deal with people both face to face and over the telephone
Hard working both practically and academically
Self driven, organised and highly motivated
Strong attention to detail
Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
Experience of Sage Payroll
Understanding of auto enrolment regulations and requirements
Experience working within an accountancy firm or practice
Ability to run multiple payrolls for different businesses