What it’s about
Are you a highly adaptable energetic person looking for career progression? The role of Distribution Assistant offers that and much more, you will be working with a great team and will have endless possibilities open to you to progress and grow in your career. As one of the team you will be able to learn new processes and will be trained to complete a variety of tasks. You will be involved in Continuous Improvement Methodologies such as Kaizen and Six Sigma, where you will be able to raise your continuous improvement ideas. Cambridge Assessment is both ISO9001/2015 and OHSAS 18001 certified, so you know you will be working in a safe welcoming environment. The role of Distribution Assistant enables you to become not only part of a great team but a great company.
Cambridge Assessment is an international exams group that design’s and deliver’s assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. There are currently over 2500 Cambridge Assessment employees with Cambridge Assessment being established for over 150 years.
The position’s sit within both the Flying Squad and Pre Exams, in the Flying Squad you will assist in a variety of activities across all operations within the warehouse function, where each day is different to the one before. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment is critical to succeeding in this fast paced environment. In the Pre Exam Operations team, you will assist in a variety of activities within the Exam Processing department which has both manual and deskbound tasks. High attention to detail is crucial for the role as well as the understanding of confidentiality.
The role may require shift work for part of the year; this is dependent on organisational need. The shift work will be subject to a shift premium of +20% (+30% for nightshifts).
What you’ll be doing
• Assisting in the continuous improvement of the site processes and procedures, including our 'Speak-up’ campaign.
• Completing all assigned tasks in accordance to departmental procedures efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
• Maintaining benchmarks, reporting KPI data in order to monitor and improve overall team performance.
• Reporting progress daily, ensuring all KPI forms are completed where applicable.
• Have absolute commitment to Health and Safety at all times to ensure that Cambridge Assessment functions in a safe and secure environment.
• Identifying, escalating and resolving problems where appropriate and inform management accordingly.
• Undertaking any cross training within Group Print and Operations across all activities and departments as required.
• Assisting with the training and supervision of temporary staff when required.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will be flexible with the ability to pick up tasks quickly and efficiently, they will also need to be an energetic and enthusiastic team player who is able to effectively communicate to all members of staff as well as visitors.
You will be passionate about the role we play, going above and beyond to get it right for learners, dedicated to upholding standards and open to views of our customers, partners and colleagues.
Cambridge Assessment has a big drive in the way of Continuous Improvement Methodologies, Kaizen and Six Sigma, therefore we require someone who is passionate about the continuous improvement of not only themselves but also of the company.
The successful candidate will need to be:
• Educated to GCSE level with Grade C in English Literature and Maths or equivalent experience.
• Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office products.
• Committed to Health and Safety whilst having a basic understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
We currently have our own in-house Learning and Development team who run a wide variety of courses from Excel through to Project Management in order to help employees not only in their current roles but to help them to advance into future roles. Constantly coming up with new ideas to help colleagues develop their careers, one of their newest ventures 'Learning pods’ are currently being introduced to Cambridge Assessment as we speak.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 May 2017 and interviews will be held on 6 June 2017. Please note this will be an assessment centre and your attendance for the whole day (09:00 - 17:00) will be required.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.