Assistant Finance Manager - Group Finance - South Kent
Role & Requirements overview
Working for a forward thinking and respected PLC, the Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for compiling and producing the consolidated statutory and management accounts for the Group. Statutory accounts are required to be produced at the half-year and year-end, with interim Q1 and Q3 summary updates also required. Management accounts are produced monthly, in addition to the annual consolidated strategic plan and detailed budget.
Due to the diversity of businesses within the Group, and the need to report under IFRS at a Group level whilst subsidiaries still report under UK GAAP, you must possess comprehensive and detailed knowledge of accounting standards and how these vary between IFRS and UK GAAP.
Whilst this role has no staff reporting directly into it, you will be required to work with a wide range of Finance personnel across the Group to request and compile information. You will therefore need excellent communication skills and be able to influence and negotiate with other Finance personnel at varying degrees of seniority, such as Finance Directors, Finance Managers, Accountants and Assistant Accountants. You will also play a pivotal role in year-end and interim audits, so must be able to clearly explain accounting concepts and calculations to the external auditors.
Skills, Attributes & Experience sought:
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable competence of working at an Assistant Finance Manager level within a Finance environment
- Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation
- Able to demonstrate significant competence in the production of statutory accounts under IFRS
- Experience of producing consolidated group accounts
- Strong technical accounting skills under IFRS essential, and UK GAAP advantageous
- Strong Excel and ledger accounting skills are essential
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping (physical and electronic)
- A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality.
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with 2-4 years PQE
- Up to date technical knowledge of IFRS essential, and how this compares to UK GAAP would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels, including Finance Directors and senior Finance personnel
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure.
This role is interviewing now so please don't hesitate to apply.