Safety Health and Environment Manager
Role: Safety, Health and Environment Manager
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
A leading London based Waste & Resource Management Company.
Roles and Responsibilities
To work closely across all operational areas, ensuring Health & Safety and Environmental compliance within the business that meets and exceeds legislative requirements. To develop, implement and monitor the Company’s environmental strategy, ensuring that key targets for waste reduction and recycling are met in accordance with government and EU regulations.
- Monitor all Waste activities for compliance with health & safety and environmental policy, procedures and legal requirements and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure that the company remains compliant with new and existing H&S and environmental legislation, proactively managing systems and procedures to ensure continued compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001, CHAS and OHSAS standards
- Carry out site inspections and audits to assess compliance with health, safety & environmental company standards and make recommendations for improvement
- Actively monitor, maintain and manage risk assessments, SSOW and method statements
- Nebosh or IOSH Certified
- Health & Safety legislation and requirements
- Current environmental and sustainability legislation
- Understanding of Landfill Directive
- An understanding of waste processes
- Awareness and familiarisation with relevant management standards ISO9001, BSOSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Ideally Experience within the Waste OR Environmental Sector
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.