Accountant Boutique Practice
Job Title: Accountant (Boutique Practice)
Salary: £18,000 to £23,000 (totally dependent on experience)
Our client is a boutique-sized accountancy practice specialising in certain markets and sectors and it has been a thriving success since its inception in 1995. They have various clients throughout the UK and they offer a comprehensive range of accounting and payroll services to their customers. Due to continued expansion, they are now looking to acquire the services of an experienced Accountant or Senior Bookkeeper to join their team. They offer a friendly, down-to-earth and reliable service to their loyal and satisfied clientele.
You will be working directly with your own portfolio of clients so you must have strong relationship-building skills and a wealth of experience in preparing the accounts for sole traders and SME's.
You won't need to drum up your own business but you will need to book-in new clients and ensure that you have all the relevant accounting documentation and paperwork in order to work on their accounts properly. Most of your time will be taken up preparing accounts and ensuring that the customer's financial affairs are in order. Our client likes to form a close business relationship with their clients and operate in a friendly but professional manner. They also like to be direct and honest when offering financial and fiscal advice.
Our client offers outsourced payrolling services to its clients so you must have previous experience in that discipline too.
- You must have a wealth of experience working with accounts (ideally sole traders and SME's) and have extensive payrolling experience too.
- You might have been an independent Bookkeeper who would like to work in a team instead of on your own or, maybe, you've struggled to attract enough business as an independent and would like to join a company that attracts plenty through its reputation and brand.
- You might have worked for a similar business in the past and want to join a progressive and rewarding company to carry on your career.
- You must be comfortable dealing with your own portfolio of clients.
- You should have strong IT skills, especially MS Excel and (although you will be taught the accounting packages our client uses) you must be able to learn new systems quickly and comprehensively.
- You should be confident, outgoing, mature, self-motivated and a real team player.
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply today with an up-to-date CV.