£18,000 to £25,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
Permanent - Full-Time (37.5 hr week)
The positon is with Cater Cunningham Ltd, holding company of our trading company Creative Displays (UK) Ltd. Due to continued growth from Creative Displays (UK) Ltd’s four trading divisions - Creative Displays, Walton Designs, Creative Cutting Edge and Industrial Plastic Coating - we are now looking to recruit a permanent and full-time Accounts Assistant to join our small yet busy Accounts Department.
Based within our offices in Thetford, Norfolk, the ideal candidate will be comfortable and confident in working in a fast-paced environment in a fast-growing UK manufacturing company.
About the Job:
In a very varied role, you would be solely responsible for, but not limited to:
- Monitoring and collating the divisional sales reporting as per timetable.
- Reviewing, managing and creating customer accounts on Sage Accounts whilst ensuring all details and settings are correct, running credit checks and ensuring credit application forms are completed and returned signed.
- Credit control for the group and updating the cashflow forecast for customer receipts.
- Administering and posting to the Cater Cunningham purchase ledger.
- Managing and creating supplier accounts for all divisions on Sage Accounts whilst ensuring all details and settings are correct and for completing all supplier account application forms.
- Monitoring each division to close the monthly purchase ledger as per timetable.
- Reconciling all supplier statements.
- Checking all invoices and credit notes for correct authorisations and purchasing controls.
- Running system suggested payment reports for authorisation. Posting system payment run in Sage Accounts. Upload payments to Lloydslink for final authorisation.
- Assisting in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the nominal ledger.
- Assisting in preparing the weekly and monthly management information.
- Assisting in maintaining and improving the Fixed Asset Register.
- Calculating and raising intercompany recharges.
- Assisting in regularly reviewing intercompany recharges and the basis they are apportioned.
- Compile weekly and monthly payroll journals from payroll reports and post to divisional nominal ledgers.
- Raise payments in Lloydslink for authorisation.
Bank & Cashflow
- Posting all banking from statements to divisional ledgers.
- Weekly reconciliation of bank statements to the divisional nominal ledgers.
- Raising manual payments on Lloydslink for authorisation.
- Updating cashflow with receipts and payments and reconciling cashflow to bank statements.
- Raising, cancelling and monitoring DD’s and SO’s.
- Managing access to group debit card and credit cards and ensuring correct authorities are adhered to.
- Reviewing and reconciling divisional petty cash balances. Posting all transactions to the divisional. nominal ledgers
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Clear understanding of double entry and the main purposes of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements.
- Evidence of an accounting qualification or working towards a qualification.
- Analytical skills in order to evaluate accounting information.
- Communication skills to be able to work efficiently with all members of staff and to be able to achieve results in the interest of the group when dealing with external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in using Excel, Word and Outlook and an Accounts based package.
Desirable at appointment
- Knowledge of Sage Accounts.
- Experience of working within a similar role.
If you are interested in our position, please provide a one-page covering letter and attach an up to date CV.
Applicants must have a good understanding of English and be eligible to work in the UK (for which two documents to prove this will be required at interview)
Closing date 23rd May 2017
Interviews will be w/c 22nd May 2017