Product Certification Assessor (Geo Technical/Civil Engineer)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Minimum degree or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline such as Geo Technical or Civil Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Construction products and systems specific to Geotechnical and Civil Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations and relevant standards
- Strong technical background with an understanding & analysis of technical matters, particularly related to
- Geo Technical and Civil Engineering fields.
- Good computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and email
- Strong planning, organisational and scheduling
- Analytical report writing skills
- Effective communication both verbal and written
- Strong relationship building skills
- Efficient, flexible, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to optimise the use of resources to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task as working on several contracts at a time.
- Understanding of management quality systems such as ISO 9001
- Soil mechanics
- Knowledge of drainage/SUDS (surface underground drainage systems/Soil reinforcement/geo synthetics
- Construction industry in general
- Site experience
- Project management
- Timely delivery and efficient completion of contracts
- Membership of a relevant technical/professional body such as Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Chartered civil engineer
Purpose of Job:
The main purpose of the Product Certification Assessor is to plan, co-ordinate and carry out assessments of construction products and systems. You will be managing multiple projects where you will be expected to prepare contract offers and estimates for the assessment of various types of construction products and systems related to the geotechnical and civil engineering filed of work. The job holder will be required to research and investigate aspects of construction product/system performance, work as part of a team contributing to team and individual targets and objectives and regularly converse with clients ensuring you maintain good quality and standards at all times.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Contract Preparation and Planning Duties
Prepare contract offers for assessments, ensuring that they are proportionate and realistic for the work to be done and that they are delivered within agreed timescales.
Plan allocated assessments and produce, maintain and update detailed work programmes.
Draft Certificates and Reports, seek and take due regard of comments thereon and arrange production of documents for publication.
Product Assessment and Research Duties
Research and investigate aspects of construction product/system performance as required.
Assess the fitness for purpose of construction products and systems within contract periods and price estimates.
Co-ordinate all work and activities involved in assessments, including sub-contracting work, e.g. testing and inspection of production.
Ensure that satisfactory information and data is available for the timely progress and completion of assessments.
Carry out Certificate maintenance tasks, such as assessment of factory surveillance reports, as required.
Monitor progress on allocated work and adjust priorities as required.
Seek information and clarification from others as required, e.g. colleagues, the potential client, technical experts, etc.
Ensure that work is carried out with integrity, objectively and without fear or favour in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures.
Client Contact and Service Delivery
Ensure policies and procedures are explained and understood.
Keep clients updated on the progress of project and contract preparations on a regular basis.
Attend client meetings as and when required.
Wilde Associates are working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this role.