Technical Support Engineer
A leading hydraulic manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer for this position based in Birmingham, candidates should be able to show an extensive understanding of hydraulic systems.
Technical Support Engineer
To provide comprehensive technical advice and expertise to both company customers and company internal departments, liaising with field based Sales personnel and internal departments to ensure the effective provision of information and advice to meet customer needs. To effectively project manage development of new products in conjunction with internal departments
- All Manufacturing & Production Departments
- Quality Department
- Manifold Design Engineering
- Customer Services
- Overseas/Field Sales staff
- Company customer base duties & responsibilities
- Review, advise and process system design requests from customers for new applications and product development.
- Support Regional Sales Managers within their customer facing activities
- Generate full cost analysis breakdowns for accurate sales quotations
- Project manage developments from inception through to end of life
- Work with Application Engineers in developing proposals to customer requirements
- Propose cost effective solutions to system requirements
- Answer technical questions on hydraulic products, application of product and hydraulic systems recommendations
- Develop, test and deliver professional reports on custom hydraulic integrated circuits to conform to customer requirements.
- Field support for installation and hands-on trouble shooting of hydraulic integrated circuits and control systems
- Participate in high level technical discussions at customers premises.
- Integrate electro-hydraulic control systems with OEM specific electronic architecture
- Monitor and work within OEM customer's websites to ensure project requirements / opportunities are identified and supported accurately, using company resources as required
- Support the production departments in the generation of test controls plans
- Provide support at overseas sales exhibitions where required
- Provide onsite training on company hydraulic and software products
- Provide support for warranty returns inclusive of delivering reports
- Identify, interpret and implement ISO and customer specifications / requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree educated within Engineering or qualified by relevant experience.
- Proven experience of Off-Highway, Construction, Agricultural and Industrial hydraulic systems
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages and experienced in use of MRP systems.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment essential.
- Knowledge of the PPAP process.
- Awareness of lean manufacturing techniques
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work as effective member of team, collaborating where required to achieve optimum outcomes
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels Quality, Environmental Health and Safety
- Read and understand Quality , Environmental , Health & Safety policy and discuss with their immediate superior any specific points which require clarification
- Take reasonable care for their own safety and those around them who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Co-operate with the company in achieving and maintaining Quality , Environmental Health and Safety standards where relevant and as directed
- Report to their manager any actual or potential risks, accidents or dangerous occurrences that they identify in the work place System security requirements:
- To ensure the confidentiality and integrity of company information is maintained and is not compromised
- To observe and adhere to IT policies and procedures in effect at any given time
- To report any security incident or perceived irregularity to their Line Manager and the IT Department Environmental requirements:
- Awareness of hazardous and non hazardous material
- Segregation of waste
- Reporting and investigating environmental health and safety incidents. The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. I have read and understood this job description. This copy supersedes any others previously distributed. I have familiarised myself with the contents of this job description and will conduct myself accordingly.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com