MI Analyst - Finance
Job Title: MI Analyst, Finance
Location: Central Bristol
Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the finance team, reporting to the Finance Information Officer, the main purpose of this role is to provide financial information - in the form of Business Objects and SQL based reports - to support client and business demands in both the UK and International offices. You will, amongst other responsibilities, develop a detailed knowledge of the data sources within the Finance team and related applications. More specifically, you will interpret requests and develop the necessary skills to deliver the information using the most appropriate solution in a clear and concise format.
Specific duties will include:
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the data sources within the finance and related applications.
- Interpret requests and develop the necessary skills to deliver the information using the most appropriate solution and in a clear and concise format
- Develop a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and become a go to person for quick, accurate and understandable solutions
- Assist the Information Manager in monitoring the integrity and functionality of associated systems
- Contribute to the on-going development of the financial and reporting applications and in particular the new MI system
- Support the Finance team and Group Operations Directors as required in presenting timely and accurate information to the business.
- Carefully prioritise requests, responding quickly and appropriately to ensure that the relevant people are kept up to date on progress, while ensuring that, if any non-standard work is undertaken, it does not negatively impact on provision of core services
- Actively assist team members and other Finance colleagues in times of high demand
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required to ensure the efficient operation of Finance
- The role will also require you to contribute to future plans, and the on-going development of the financial and reporting applications.
Experience and Qualifications required:
You will have proven experience working with SQL, specifically working through databases, producing reports and responding to queries. This experience will have been gained ideally in a Legal or Professional Services environment.
Experience either working in, or engaging heavily with a Finance department, with specific understanding of financial measures and regulations.
Strong IT skills including ability to write and run SQL queries, knowledge of database structures and of reporting tools, including Business Objects.
Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office product and Excel in particular.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders and colleagues ensuring that issues are addressed promptly, professionally, openly and constructively.
Ability to work with minimal supervision and to identify and act on issues which need to be escalated.
Good organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
Ability to follow policies, processes and instructions.
Ability to assist with the design and implementation of policies and processes.
Self-motivated and proactive