Out Client is a Glazing Contractor looking for an experienced glass fitter to join their local based team, working on a wide range of projects all over the south west, the role would suit someone already in the trade with experience and looking to expand on their current role, with experience of supervising a team on site.
· Undertake installation of a wide range of products, from standard shop-fronts to structural glass assemblies amongst others, whilst maintaining company standards.
· Carry out site surveys, and the making of templates where required.
· Follow site rules at all times, ensuring PPE is always used, and Health, Safety and Environment rules are adhered to at all times.
· Undertake in-house fabrication of aluminium assemblies where required - training will be given to the appropriate candidates if needed.
· Undertake general glazing duties, including occasional out of hours working.
· Some working away from home will be expected, including the occasional overnight stay, as the project requires.
What you will need:
· Experience and have a thorough understanding of the trade
· To be fit and able to lift glass panels
· Ability to follow/read plans, measurements and technical drawings accurately, and follow instructions to agreed time scales.
· Your own hand tools for glazing
· To have good communication skills
· To hold a current CSCS card. Any other relevant construction qualifications, such as PASMA, trade relevant NVQ, etc. are an advantage but not essential.
· A full UK driving licence
What we are looking for:
An experienced fitter who works accurately, has good problem solving skills and takes pride in working to high standards of workmanship.
Competitive rates (negotiable depending on proven experience)
Works mobile phone,
20 days paid holiday.
Glazing: 1 year
Construction: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
UK Driving Licence