Head of Data Strategy and Governance
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large and growing challenger bank as the Head of Data Strategy and Governance supporting the CRO and FD to deliver the Group’s Data Strategy and Governance Programme.
The role involves the establishment of an effective framework for all aspects of the Programme to be designed, developed and implemented in accordance with the Programme’s design principles, plans, and budgets. The role entails effective engagement of key stakeholders (internal and external) and to ensure effective Board and ExCo oversight and governance. The role also requires the individual to provide guidance, support and technical expertise to the various workstreams underpinning the Programme
- Atleast 8 years previous experience of design, development and integration of data management and controls frameworks
- 3 years of previous significant programme leadership experience
- 3 years previous of engagement and supporting senior executives
- Appreciation of technological and industry good practice standards in data management and controls
- Experience within the financial services industry in complex data transformation programmes and/or relevant regulations such as IRB, BCBS 239, IFRS 9
- Delivering large scale change programmes
- Engaging internal stakeholders regarding key data management principals and regulation e.g. BCBS 239, IFRS 9, IRB
- In-depth knowledge and experience of undertaking technical and operational review in relation to data management processes
- Understanding of data management concepts such as Data Governance, Data Lineage, Data Models, Data Quality, Control Frameworks, Data Architecture
- Proven ability to shape, design and manage the execution of data change programme.
- Experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g. planning, requirements gathering, design documentation, testing and rollout
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and VBA is essential