Content Executive Membership Body
My client are looking for a Content Executive to join their Editorial team based in London.
Role: Content Executive
Duration: 9-13 month maternity cover
The responsibilities of the Content Executive will include:
- Creating and commissioning online and print content inluding online newsletters.
- Generating ideas for content such as interviews, features and news, as well as contributing to design concepts.
- Building a list of contacts, interviewing sources and transcribing the interviews.
- Writing articles and features to tight deadlines.
- Commissioning articles and features.
- Sub-editing copy.
- Proofreading all pages and designs.
- Making corrections in InDesign.
- Assisting the Content Manager with the editing and proofing.
- Responsible for liaising with professional networks and content focus groups, including attending meetings.
- Assisting the content manager in the delivery of content meetings, planning for projects, proofreading, flatplans and budgets.
- Deputising for the Editor during the production process and at meetings, including, where necessary, liaising with external production teams such as the printers. This includes creating flatplans and signing off the final files with the printers.
- Assisting in the creation of multimedia resources such as video and photoshoots, by producing content plans and questions for interviews.
- Ensuring all publications meet commercial and communications needs, are planned and that their effectiveness is measured.
- Contributing to the social media activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent proven writing and editing skills, both online and offline.
- Proven ability to create, edit and proofread copy for web and e-communications, including repurposing print content for web.
- An appetite to learn more about quality management and business.
- Enthusiasm and creative flair, actively contributing ideas to both editorial and design content.
- Confidence in speaking to, commissioning and interviewing a wide variety of people at all levels including senior colleagues and staff from external organisations and the general public.
- Ability to summarise technical or academic documents and adapt style in language that is accessible to the target audience and in plain English.
- Confidence in managing own workloads to meet a variety of challenging deadlines, sometimes under pressure. Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in their areas of expertise and to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to produce and adhere to style guides for publications and branding purposes.
- Strong project and time management skills.
If you're interested in applying for the role, then please follow the instructions via this advert.