Senior Accounts Assistant
Our client, a specialist business service organsation are currently looking for an Senior Accounts assistant to join its busy accounts function.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the accounting process are complete and upto date.
- The investigation of variances of the payroll and sales figures by site and region and investigation of discrepancies found or highlighted
- The input and review of sales invoices both as part of the monthly or quarterly process and additional works where they arise.
- Debt chasing and maintenance of debt collection procedures for slow Payers
- Reviewing contract’s to identify potential issues and reporting these to relevant parties
- Assisting with the period end close and accruals process; including preparation or review of periodic Balance sheet reconciliations
- The preparation and review of a monthly hours reconciliation, verifying the number of planned hours worked to actual hours paid or through to actual hours invoiced
- Assisting with the preparation of Call4Response, & MAD Creative monthly management accounts in an accurate & timely fashion
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation and review of monthly Financial KPI’s.
- Responsibility for identifying flaws in Finance related processes and implementing controls to limit any subsequent problems
- Assist with both the Financial and ACS Audits
- General ad hoc queries from clients and colleagues
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- AAT Qualified or higher
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced, changing finance environment and driving through change
- Good accounting systems knowledge, gained through in-depth exposure to systems such as Sage
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and a number of tasks concurrently
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, particularly Excel
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Senior Accounts Assistant - Kent - Accountancy and Finance