Group Procurement Manager
Group Procurement Manager
£40K - £55K DOE
Venatu Consulting are working in partnership with our client in recruiting for a Group Procurement Manager.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
* Responsibility for coordinating and sourcing equipment, goods and services for the Group in the most cost effective way, ensuring high quality and customer service from suppliers.
* To provide procurement strategies across multiple categories of spend and product, in accordance with Group policy and procedures; that track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
* To oversee Group purchasing at UK sites, in liaison with Group Purchasing based in Germany.
* To carry out the role whilst ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times. Ensuring that high levels of productivity, attendance and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate purchasing across all UK sites, ensuring that costs are controlled and efficiencies achieved.
* Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies on a Group level, obtaining sign off from key stakeholders.
* Undertake price negotiations at Group Level for the UK.
* Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
* Instill best practice purchasing skills to non-purchasing staff to encourage professional purchasing throughout the business.
* Take ownership of and work with the appropriate stakeholders to compile all the relevant specifications and standards for all purchases, with the aim of standardising specifications, standards and processes across all locations.
* To effectively negotiate prices, contracts, conduct tenders and bench-marking exercises in line with departmental policy and procedures.
* To develop category and supplier catalogues, ensuring contracts and price file data are in place and maintained and all commercially sensitive information is correctly retained.
* To project manage the implementation of any agreed strategies, contracts or processes and ultimately become the company point of contact for all operational issues relating to Facilities Management.
* To conduct regular supplier reviews / audits and address any supplier performance issues using supplier management and improvement techniques.
* To identify, coordinate and drive continuous improvement projects both internally and with the suppliers.
* Understand and react to business needs across all UK sites.
* Manage and monitor supplier relationships
* Liaise with Group purchasing personnel in Germany to establish sourcing strategies and group synergies.
* Support site management in relation to stock control.
* University Degree in Business, Economics or Industrial Engineering, preferably specialising in procurement, or equivalent.
* Knowledge of procurement strategies
* Good knowledge of the legal aspects of purchasing with the ability to formulate purchasing contracts and service level agreements.
* Proven experience as a Purchasing Manager in a large industrial environment
* Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
* Experience of negotiating high value supplier contracts