The Sales Engineer will achieve sales targets, both turnover and profitability, through the development of new and existing business within a targeted area. You will utilise high levels of interpersonal skills to develop long term relationships with customers ensuring that their requirements and business needs are interpreted and managed effectively.
Furthermore you will successfully persuade customers to work with the client by utilising strong industry knowledge and technical expertise to deliver technical and business solutions.
- Effective territory planning in order to maximise customer contact, proactive telephone canvassing and a call rate of 16 customer visits per week is expected, reported weekly and accurately
- The achievement of sales targets (turnover & profitability)
- New trading account generation
- Utilisation of Product Specialists and other company resources to add value is an absolute expectation
- Ensure that all business systems and CRM sales reporting requirements are updated accurately
- Liaise with all franchise partners to ensure continual awareness of new and updated products, and keeping customers informed of new products
- Support marketing activities by keeping accurate contacts on the CRM system, making customers aware of events, seminars, product launches and other marketing events
- Presenting to various audiences on a range of subjects
- Remain customer focused with a can do attitude at all times
- Take ownership and responsibility of customer issues to bring them to satisfactory conclusion
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures
- Previous experience within a commercial / business to business sales environment is essential, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- A good standard of education is required, particularly in Maths & English
- Effectively handle the technical requirements of this position. Sales Engineers should have a good level of technical understanding, ideally qualified to ONC level in electrical engineering. Sales engineers without this level of qualification and QBE will be subject to technical knowledge testing
- Ability to finish projects and take tasks through to their natural conclusion
- Good day to day planning capabilities - Technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important for long term success.
You may have experience of the following: Sales Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Presales Engineer, Manufacturing, B2B Sales, Business Development, Manufacturing, Pre-Sales Engineer, ONC, Sales Executive, Technical Sales Engineer etc.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.