Full Time, Permanent
£29,000, plus company benefits
Are you a Service Manager or Residential Manager with previous experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities or complex behaviours?
Can you use your creativity to find ways to support individuals, engage them in activities and enable each person to live as independently as possible?
If you are genuinely passionate about providing high quality care and support and have a keen interest to work for an award winning, national organisation then this could be the next job opportunity for you…….!!
Newlife Healthcare Recruitment are proud to be supporting a large, national client who provide support for thousands of people with learning and physical disabilities, challenging behaviours, acquired brain injuries, autism and other needs.
They offer person centred care and support in a range of settings, and have experience of enabling people to move from a residential setting to a more independent supported living environment as their needs change. Their mission is to create an environment that promotes independence and positive outcomes to make a real difference to people’s lives.
With over 400 care homes and 20 rehabilitation centres across the country, they offer a range of specialist services such as supported living and outreach support, residential services, respite services, day services, brain injury rehabilitation and Intensive support services.
Our client is looking to appoint a Service Manager for their service in Deal, Kent. This 12-bedded service provides support for adults with learning disabilities, mental health needs and associated complex behaviours.
The Service Manager will report into the Operations Manager and will provide support, leadership and guidance to the care team within the service, ensuring high quality care and support is provided at all times.
Each individual living at the service is supported with a personalised care package and benefits from person centred care plans and positive behavioural support plans. As the Service Manager, it is your responsibility to ensure all care staff are working towards these and that they are reviewed on a regular basis.
To apply for the role of Service Manager, you will hold the following skills / experience:
- Thorough understanding of the learning disability sector
- Previous experience in the management of care staff
- Commercially aware with an understanding of managing budgets
- Excellent knowledge of CQC, care standard and regulations
- Ideally you will hold your Registered Managers Award or Level 5 Diploma or equivalent
- Applicants will be supported to complete Level 5 as part of development if eligible to complete
- Experience of liaising with local authorities
- Ability to maintain close links with professionals
- Self motivated, well organised and confident in your own abilities.
- Hold a full UK driving license
If you think this may be the job for you, please email you cv immediately quoting reference Service Manager - Deal