If you have significant experience in oncology/haematology/chemotherapy nursing, it’s your chance to join a world-class team and help provide exceptional healthcare for patients from across the UK and beyond.
The role of the Staff Nurse will see you arranging and implementing individualised care plans for our patients. That will mean undertaking a variety of oncology interventions, closely monitoring patients and maintaining accurate records. You’ll need excellent time management skills, as well as the ability to plan and prioritise care effectively.
As well as meeting individual care plans, you will ensure we maintain a welcoming environment for the families of patients. That means you’ll need not just strong communication skills, but also excellent interpersonal skills. As well as your day-to-day clinical duties, you will also provide support to junior members of the team and help us to develop the department.
This is an excellent opportunity not just to help provide some of the most advanced cancer care in the world, but also to build a career with an internationally renowned hospital group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Experience in oncology/haematology is essential
- All applicants must be able to administer chemotherapy