£22,000 to £35,500 per annum
Peritus Healthcare are pleased to consider applications for the position of Orthopaedic Nurse in Leicester.
Our client is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for patients.
They have a specialist orthopaedic team that incorporates highly experienced consultants, many of who are leaders in their fields, together with advanced diagnostic equipment such as X-ray, MRI, ultrasound and CT scans, all run by expert technicians.
The department is also supported by physiotherapists both pre- and post-operatively.
As an Orthopaedic Nurse your duties are as follows:
- Work with doctors to perform treatments on patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Monitor the patient’s health and general body condition and report changes and improvements to the doctor.
- Prepare a pain management schedule for patients based on doctor’s prescriptions to prevent patients suffering from pain.
- Educate patients on steps to take to manage pain and how to avoid post-surgical infections.
- Within a system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
- Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
- Assist orthopaedic doctors in performing their duties.
- Perform wound dressing on patients with infections.
Skills and Experience required
- You will be a Level 1 Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number and have
- Experience within a surgical ward setting
- Caring and compassionate professional
- Team player
If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days then unfortunately your application is unsuccessful.