Finance Clerk - Sales Ledger - Newport Pagnell
Suppport Centre Careers. Made at Welcome Break
Do you want to play a key support role in our business? Our support centre at Makes sure our Welcome Break team of over 5000 people across the UK can do what they do best - deliver great customer service and drive business growth. We have a fabulous opportunity for a full time Finance Clerk to come and join our Finance Team within the Sales Ledger Section at our Welcome Break Head Office in Newport Pagnell, Bucks. Working in Finance, you’ll be part of a busy, collaborative environment. The role of the Finance Clerk is to work closely with Finance Department Colleagues and Managers and liaise with external suppliers, Sites, Regional Financial Analysts, card companies and debtors and other departments.
Main Responsibilites Of The Role Are:
- Accurate management of External Debtor accounts including raising invoices/credit notes, chasing outstanding debt and reconciliation of funds received (rebates, rents, fundraising and miscellaneous revenue)
- Accurate management of Parking Debtor accounts including raising multi site invoices from data received from 3rd party parking management company, chasing outstanding debt and reconciliation of funds received
- Investigation of discrepancies in payments received to eliminate potential bad debt including chargebacks
- Accurate management of Fuel Bunker accounts including processing bunker commission and related bunker transactions, allocation of cash received including fees deducted at source and reconciliation of Control account for weekly postings
- Accurate posting and allocation of parking fine income received from 3rd party parking management company
Key Tasks & Routines
- Timely and accurate raising of invoices/credit notes to ensure all revenue is reported correctly in the accounts
- Timely and accurate allocation of all payments received
- Regular statement runs and communication with debtors to resolve any queries on a timely basis
- Carry out credit control tasks in line with company procedures
- Produce Aged Debtor Reports and Reconciliations at each period end
Critical Competencies / Skills Required
- Previous Sales Ledger/Credit Control experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Numeracy skills
- Able to manage and prioritise workload to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to deal with a variety of 3rd party and fundraising contacts
The ability to resolve queries and achieve results is key therefore good communication skills are essential with the ability to chalenge where necessary. Ideally applicants would hold, or are working towards AAT qualification. If an unqualified applicant is successful for the role we are able to provide study assistance after approx 6 months of the role start date.
If you are passionate about making a difference and a real team player, then apply now to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits like subsidised meals, free car parking, up to 50% discount on food and retail on site, discounted hotel rooms, 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays),enrolment into our pension scheme plus enrolment into our employee discount scheme 'My Welcome Break' as well as further career development opportunities within the organisation.
The role is 36.25 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The salary is £20,000-£22,000 per annum.