This is an exciting opportunity to work for a globally renowned publisher and gain invaluable experience within a highly prestigious company.
Our client is seeking an International Conference Coordinator to support in project management of 5 international conferences annually and aid the conference sponsorship team as well supporting the VP and his team on PA duties.
You will have the opportunity to help shape the development of the business and the departments growth within a small team. The role offers a variety of duties and requires a flexible and willing candidate who, in turn, will have the opportunity to build skills within a highly successful company.
- 50% project management of international conferences & 50% logistical support, working closely with the Operations Director.
- Liaise with venues and suppliers with regards to sponsorship requirements.
- Overseeing sponsorship fulfilment and activation and account managing key sponsors.
- International travel is required, with around 5 week long trips annually, to locations such as Athens, Brussels and Singapore.
- Liaising with the design team, the advertising department and marketing department
- Attending and aiding in the logistics of each event.
- Coordination of sponsorship documentation.
- Assist the sponsorship sales team in creating and developing sales.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a conference environment
- Ability to rapidly understand new topics and industries and identify the key sectors to sell into.
- Great organisational abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills/prioritisation
- A team player that's able to take direction
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent cross cultural interpersonal skills
- Ability to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel internationally at short notice
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English with good knowledge of French or other language being a plus.