Management Accountant - German Speaking
- Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, then CFO.
- Responsible for the daily accounting of the German subsidiary including AR, AP and bank transactions
- Approving new customers, following credit control SOP and credit insurance policy requirements. Managing customer account queries.
- Supporting the sales team
- Releasing accounts, customer reconciliations, customer statements, allocating cash (as cover for credit control), collecting cash through DD.
- Entering AP invoices and expenses following SOP. Preparation of payment runs.
- Accounting for and controlling returned stock through service process.
- Month-end closing, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, payroll, stock reconciliations, etc
- German VAT return
- Supporting German subsidiary with all finance related contract issues
- Liaising with accountants in Germany for compliance, payroll and tax.
- Dealing with UK audit of German subsidiary
- Some travel to Germany, approximately once a quarter
- Assisting Senior management Accountant and other members of the finance team with ad hoc tasks
- Must be fluent in German, preferably first language
- Part-Qualified accountant
- Strong spreadsheet skill
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Month-end closing experience
- High energy and drive for results
- Good communicator, team player
- Must have flexible working attitude
Please be aware that our offices are currently based in Watford however we will be relocating in August 2017 to Hemel Hempstead.
Optoma Europe Ltd. is an award-winning developer of high-resolution projection, audio and digital display products for consumer, education, business, and professional audio video.
Based in Watford (Relocating to a brand new European HQ in Hemel Hempstead in August); Optoma Europe provide sales, marketing and servicing throughout EMEA with regional offices in Germany, France, Norway, Benelux & Spain.
Turnover exceeds £75M with a Headcount of approximately 140.
Optoma is an innovating company, continually introducing new products to facilitate drive the projection and audio markets. Please refer to our website for further details on www.optoma.co.uk
The Parent Company is Optoma Corporation with its Head office in Taiwan