About the Client
Leading Innovator in the lighting industry working with global brands.
The Application Designer will work in the amBX creative team responsible for development of new products and applications and in support of existing products and releases.
The role will involve design and creation of applications for the control of lighting and interactive experiences across a number of projects as well as wider application of visual, creative and design skills in support of the development of a ground-breaking approach for intelligent lighting controls in new connected environments.
- To design graphical user interfaces for lighting control and commissioning on a range of different platforms.
- To develop the range and portfolio of amBX lighting experiences for use in offices, the home, schools, retail, hospitality and entertainment environments.
- Liaising with users and other team members as required, producing design proposals for new projects.
- Maintain amBX brand values, experiential and visual styles.
- Assist with creation of graphical assets and materials.
- Testing the product to ensure that it operates satisfactorily and meets a high quality of user expectation.
- Contributing to the team’s creative vision with ideas for products and enhancements
Skills and background
The role will suit a recent graduate with relevant experience, looking to develop their skills and experience as part of a dynamic team carrying out development as part of the leading edge innovation of amBX.
Strong visual design skills are essential, particularly in Interaction Design and Graphics. Experience in design of colour and light will be advantageous.
Skills required: a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of tools; the ability to develop and interpret technical plans design requirements and a creative approach to problem solving.