Functional Skills Specialist
Functional Skills Specialist
£18,000 to £22,000 per year
Full time and Permanent
CMD Recruitment are delighted to be working with this National Training provider in their recruitment of a Functional Skills Specialist.
Caseloads of 40 learners are drawn from the key sectors that provide apprenticeships to. the foremost focus is on learners with additional learning support needs, their progress and their timely achievement.
This client provides Apprenticeships nationally across the following sectors:
- Business & Commerce
- Hair, Barbering & Beauty
- Health & Social Care
This client uses e-portfolio to manage the learner journey remotely, which creates a robust tracking system and you will be provided with all the tools for you to be successful.
You will work remotely but you won't be on your own as you will form part of a regional learner achievement team (LAT). They have a passion for education and are dedicated to helping others develop their skills and fulfil their potential. The teams meet on a monthly basis to share best practice, link with other inspiring team members and are structured to support you and provide you with the best opportunity to succeed.Knowledge skills & experienceWe are looking for caring people who are passionate about supporting learners through their development journey, our essential requirements are:
- Have a minimum of GCSE Grade C for Maths and English or equivalent;
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills Level 1 and Level 2 Qualifications in Mathematics & English (ICT Desirable)
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification: Minimum Level 3 Award in Education & Training, PTTLS, Cert Ed, PGCE, City and Guilds 9285 or 730 or equivalent;
- Level 5 Qualification in Mathematics or English (Desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Numeracy & Literacy delivery
- Ability to work remotely
- IT Literate in Microsoft Office
- Proven experience working and meeting KPIs and targets
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding practices and legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people: colleagues, external partners and agencies
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
Your work will go beyond ticking boxes. You'll need to be a people person and you will be representing and promoting the client's values.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As a Disability Confident and Investors in Diversity organisation, this client is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. They also offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants with a disability who meet our minimum selection criteria
If this role is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Lesley Price for a confidential conversation.