Risk Reviewer - Assistant Manager, Audit
Top Newcastle accountancy firm. Fantastic opportunity to further your career. Flexible hours and benefits.
Your new company
This well established accountancy firm based in Newcastle offers services to clients which include Auditing and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory.
Having delivered outstanding service to their clients within the UK and globally, they have build a fantastic reputation in the market and assisted in the success of their clients.
The culture in this business is collaborative where talented individuals are able to produce their best work as innovative thinking amongst many other contributions is valued.
Your new role
In this new, exciting role you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team of junior members.
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory account to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards.
- Audit of holding companies and small trading companies.
- Undertaking other audit tasks to assist audit teams.
- Review of tasks undertaken by other team members.
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work.
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented.
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues
What you'll need to succeed
- Be a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong technical and risk management skills.
- Management skills.
- Strong technical background of UK GAAP, IFRS and International Standards on Auditing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible approach.
What you'll get in return
In this role you will benefit from a dynamic working culture where you are valued and provided with established training to give you an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills. Alongside all the support you will continually receive there is no requirement for travel in this role and flexible hours can be requested where you will have the opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week if required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Kristina Zirnidis on now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.