Business Tax Consultant - Top 30 Firm
A Top 30 Firm of Chartered Accountants are currently looking for a Business Tax Consultant for their office located in the heart of London.
You will work in the firm’s Business Tax Group, which provides a number of tax services for businesses of a variety of sizes. Although the Group’s work is predominantly compliance based, due to the large proportion of OMBs within the client portfolio there is also a large advisory component.
You will be primarily responsible for the compliance aspect of a portfolio of approximately 150 clients, but will also have the opportunity to get involved in advisory work on an ad-hoc basis.
Responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for compliance management for a client portfolio numbering around 150
- Collation of information for company/partnership tax returns, involving liaison with clients by telephone, email and letter
- Preparation of company and partnership tax returns and computations for manager review, including the setting up of tax working paper files, and advising on payments
- Preparing non-resident landlord, Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings and Employment-related Securities returns
- Drafting correspondence with HMRC and clients
- Supporting managers on planning and advisory matters as appropriate
- Attending meetings with managers
- Assisting with technical research
- ATT qualified/ ACA Part Qualified. An aspiration to study for the CTA qualification would be advantageous
- Proven technical skills within Business Tax
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management and able to complete tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage confidently with colleagues and clients
- Strong teamworking skills
- Self-driven, pro-active and motivated to succeed
- Meticulous attention to detail and a constant desire for excellence
- Computer literate
The firm is offering an excellent remuneration package, including full study support for the CTA qualification
For further information on this Business Tax Consultant role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers