Power Forecasting Analyst (Electricity)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Power Forecasting Analyst with Power / electricity experience to be responsible for managing the risk of a Power Portfolio for a major energy supplier. Using portfolio analysis, risk pricing and demand forecasting technicques you will provide reports to aid decisions on energy purchasing. You will be a senior member of the team, of degree calibre in a numerical or analytical discipline, with strong technical ability in Data Modelling, Advanced Excel, VBA and used to using forecasting tools. if this sounds like you, Apply today!!
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop short term demand forecasting methodologies for the European electricity portfolio.
- Ensure models and processes facilitate a timely delivery of data to the Procurement team.
- Monitor and report on forecast error and performance and continue to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts
- First point of contact with IT, suggesting improvements to enhance systems and reporting.
- Conduct (UAT) and manage the implementation of new data management systems
- Analyse system prices which may lead to high imbalance costs
- Explain periods of volatile consumption and forecast errors
- Analyse prompt balancing and outturn Profit and Loss performance
- Build internal and external relationships to ensure the customer receives high levels of service
Skills and Experience Required:
- Commercial experience within the electricity industry
- Ideally some leadership/supervisory experience perhaps as a Senior Analyst within a team
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in data modelling and modelling tools
- Solid communication skills; ability to communicate technicalities to non-technical audiences
- Good knowledge of advanced Excel, VBA and Access
- Knowledge of SQL