An excellent opportunity to gain trumendous exposure across this large growing retail bank based in North West London.
The key purpose of this role is to assist the Compliance Manager in delivering risk based and routine monitoring across key risk areas with focussed file reviews and call monitoring activities. In addition, the role encompasses dealing with referrals from across the business and administrative compliance duties.
- 3-5 years' experience in a compliance, risk management or conduct risk function within financial services, consultancy or relevant regulator is essential
- 2 years’ experience of critically analysing information and bringing out clear implications is essential
- 12 months experience of the development of management information for multiple audiences is desirable
- 12 months project management experience including the ability to develop and challenge project plans is desirable
- Robust understanding of risk frameworks and their application in a commercial environment is essential
- Robust understanding of and ability to interpret the FCA handbook and other critical regulatory areas is essential
- Significant compliance knowledge to be able to provide value added advisory services to the business and projects is essential
- Act as an ambassador for the bank’s compliance culture and standards,
- Involved in the preparation of the compliance reports to the Senior Management Team , Executive Committee and the Board together with any other stakeholders
- Support for planning, executing and reporting against the Compliance Monitoring Plan, providing concise written and verbal reports highlighting key issues and recommendations for improvement
- Support the Financial Crime Team in handling Frauds in their fraud investigations and manage the maintenance of the MI between teams
- Provide support to the HR and Training function in the timely delivery & completion of regular training modules throughout the firm.
- Investigation into compliance related incidents and events, establishing root causes and proposing proportionate remediation actions
- Contribute towards the development of compliance related policies, procedures and standards
- Assist with the roll out and implementation of Group policies, and new or improved procedures
- Support and conduct Due Diligence checks on Third Parties including but not limited to Third Party Servicers, Intermediaries, Field Agents, and occasionally for potential purchases or funding deals
- Attend & participate in quarterly compliance assurance team meetings and the monthly Compliance Team meeting
- Support the Compliance Manager by undertaking related activities and special projects within the wider scope of the assurance team
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the wider Compliance Team and Key Stakeholders within the Group