Inventory / Supply Chain Analyst
A global company based in High Wycombe are currently seeking a Supply Chain / Inventory Analyst to join their growing team function.
This role is a 6 Month FTC with the potential to go permanent.
My client, a leading distribution company, are seeking someone from a supply chain background to build the inventory plan to guarantee the best service to customers with the lowest possible end to end supply chain costs.
This role would be ideal for someone with strong Excel skills, knowledge of SAP and an eagerness to progress within an Inventory / Supply Chain role.
Location - High Wycombe
Salary - up to £28,000
Responsibilities of the Supply Chain / Inventory Analyst -
* Set-up of inventory planning system
o Optimum inventory master data of item and vendor, taking into account the vendor agreements and optimum re-ordering costs
o Definition of stock and non-stock items
o Optimise replenishment frequency, balancing inventory and operational costs
o Align planning parameters
* Generate demand plan and update for demand inputs
o Generate statistical forecast for stocked items
o Maintain forecast to reflect business events
o Update forecast with promotion planning events
o Report actual versus statistical demand forecast and statistical forecast
o Communicate demand plan and purchasing forecast to demand managers and vendors
* Generate the inventory and re buying requirements
o Run the inventory requirements plan, translating the demand plan and the actual inventory into the inventory requisitions and inventory exceptions
o Solve system related inventory exceptions (lead time issues, order multiple issues, etc)
o Communicate inventory requisitions to supply planning team
* Generate inventory analytics
o Highlight Inventory risks to the demand manager
o Highlight shortage risks
o Report inventory status (overstock, aged and discontinued)
Skills/Education required for the position of Supply Chain / Inventory Analyst -
* Master Degree in Science or economics.
* Experience with planning systems, preferably time-phased and multi-tier
* At least 5 years experience with an advanced planning system.
* Strong knowledge of working in multi-functional groups, ideally in a retail environment with large number of SKUs and vendors
* Has some knowledge or ideally has implemented in a past experience demand planning process and tool.
* Languages : Fluent in English and 1 other European languages
* Very strong Analytical / mathematical skills
* Strong knowledge of Planning systems
* Good demand forecasting algorithm knowledge
If you hold the necessary experience and are keen for your next opportunity, please apply below.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK