Quality Control Inspector (Engineering)
Quality Control Inspector
Job TitleQuality Control Inspector
Business Area:Compressors and Engineered Products
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Reporting To:Central Workshop Manager
To Identify, Quality control, check and Maintain all incoming goods in such a manner that assists the workshops staff in the assembling and testing all new company engineered compressor packages and associated equipment. To audit suppliers that they confirm to my client’s quality standards and business practices. To ensure non-conforming goods are identified and processed as required.
Key responsibilities of Quality Control Inspector
* Ensure all incoming non client goods conform to the order specifications and engineering drawings. Raise reject reports and distribute.
* Liaise with Contracts department as required.
* Maintaining the Purchasing Departments Approved Supplier list, ensuring supplier records are current and sending out reminders on expiration of any information.
* Will be responsible for maintaining calibration records within the central workshop and branches, and arranging the re-calibration of equipment by outside suppliers.
* In process inspection of workshop projects.
* Perform supplier quality audits on a regular basis.
* Develop supplier on logistic and quality aspect according to the procedures of my client
* Assist in general administration.
Guidance and training on the products and reading engineering drawings will be provided as required.
Person Specification for Quality Control Inspector
* A minimum of 5 GCSE's (A-C) including English and Maths
* BEng/MEng degree in Engineering (HND's may be considered)
* A profound knowledge and interest in engineering and mechanical processes
* Experience in reading technical drawings
* Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
* Be able to undertake some manual handling work
* Understand and be able to use SAP
* Keep commitments, seek feedback to continuously drive customer satisfaction and deliver sustainable productivity value to customers
* Motivate, engage and coach the team to create lasting results together
* Commit to self development, be accountable for the mission and show a high level of engagement
* Plan and work in a systematic and organised way, follow directions and procedures, commit to objectives and goals, drive activities and follow up to deliver results
* Relate well to people and collaborate resources effectively
Hours: 39 per week
If you feel you would like to apply for this exciting role of Quality Control Inspector, then please apply today!