Financial Controller (Sales Division), leading retail brand
We are working with a hugely successful homewares brand that designs and develops innovative and design led products for the UK and Overseas retail market. They supply to most of the leading retailers including John Lewis, Paperchase, Urban Outfitters, Selfridges and Ocado.
Their continued success means they are currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller to work closely with their Sales Team to guide them from a financials perspective.
You will be reporting and supporting the delivery of revenue in 2017/18 and beyond. Having full visibility of all sales data, bringing this to life and making it meaningful for the sales team so they can take appropriate action to hit their figures.
You will be from a retail or consumer products background. You must be forward thinking; proactive; ambitious and have a thorough understanding of the financial workings of supplying / retailer relationship including margins, rebates and mark-down.
This is a great company to work for that really values their team and is proud of their positive working culture.
A typical day in this Financial Controller position will include:
- Monthly reporting on sales data; updating the budget sheets ready to present at board and senior management meetings.
- Making data meaningful to performance against budget, previous year and other useful metrics to encourage growth.
- Bringing sales data to life to guide and enhance staff behaviours.
- Margin measurement by account manager.
- Sales analysis by channel.
- Developing a strong familiarity with the customer base, their sales history; pipeline projects and projected revenue.
- Supporting the US Sales Manager to deliver an ambitious US Sales plan over both large multiples and independent base.
- Reporting on international growth from Europe, effectiveness of UK Agents and the distributor channel.
- Input to negotiations over rebates, discounts, mark down contributions etc - so that the company has a consistent policy across the whole business.
- Looking over proposal work for major UK grocery; discussing margin outlook.
- Working closely with the Customer Services Manager on sales reporting for each month and WIP reporting.
- Discussing improvements to management reporting systems with IT team.
- Reviewing trading terms for new partners.
- Analysing pipeline reports to validate future outlook.
- Updating directors on latest year-end outlook.
Key requirements for this Financial Controller role:
- A high achieving, proven Financial Controller with the ambition to grow a privately-owned business.
- Must have experience working for a retailer or consumer products / manufacturing company that has supplied to UK and international retailers.
- Knowledge of the financial workings of retailers including margin analysis, rebates and mark-down.
- A forward thinking; proactive; ambitious individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- 100% accuracy in collating and reporting numbers in a very timely and meaningful manner.
- Solid experience working with systems and spreadsheets, who will proactively get systems upgraded to make the business work more efficiently.
- A team player keen to be influential within the senior management team.
- A positive and happy personality that will enjoy the team spirit and company culture.
For a confidential chat about this Financial Controller position please get in touch with Louisa Mordaunt.