2D Designer & CNC Programmer
My client is a leading Global Exhibition and Event Solutions company. They help brands form genuine connections through meaningful and memorable experiences - driving brand desire, loyalty and advocacy.
They currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a 2D Designer & CNC Programmer to join our growing Exhibition & Events agency. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop existing and new skills, producing work for well-known brands across a range of industries.
- Creating technical and workshop 2D drawings for production
- Assisting all production and procedural elements
- Helping to improve all production processes and work practices
- Designing products and interiors for exhibition and conferencing
- On-site support with technical and management tasks
- Converting 3D to 2D technical drawings for production and manufacturing
- Programming of CNC equipment, predominately timber and acrylic products
- Setting the CNC router and loading with the correct cutting tools to achieve the correct drawing specification and finish
- Meeting all health & safety requirements for the exhibition and construction industry
- To assist the Production Director in all matters relating to the production department
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required to fulfil the aims and objectives of the business.
- Some graphic and website design, using Adobe software
Requirements & Key Skills
- To be proficient in CAD
- To be able to design in 2D and/or 3D
- Able to read and interrupt basic production instructions and drawings
- Organised and able to work on own initiative - after training and induction
- Good level of technical and PC skills.
- To be familiar with Auto CAD LT 2017
- To be familiar with Auto CAM
- Knowledge of Sketch-up
- Understanding of exhibition and/or construction industry practices
- Ability to work within a team
- To be able to work well in a fast-paced working environment with the ability to meet deadlines.