Junior Sales Engineer
Junior Sales Engineer
£25-35,000 depending on experience,
plus benefits including mobile phone, pension, company car.
Our client who is a rapidly expanding Midlands based company specialising in Conveyor systems, provide industries throughout the UK with integrated material handling solutions. Due to continued success Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Junior Sales Engineer to join the busy team in Swadlincote.
Reporting to the Sales Director, will you be capable of sourcing new business across the whole of the UK whilst also providing support alongside our sales team to service our existing diverse range of customers. Duties to include but not limited to:-
· Provide our client with a wider sales presence in our market place, responding to website and telephone enquiries.
· Working with the proposals team to formulate, design and cost conveyor layouts
· Visits to both existing and potential customer sites around the UK
· Ability to assess site conditions pertinent to project requirements, and provide basic site survey to allow a proposal drawing to be prepared for the basis of a quotation.
· Preparation of detailed costings/quotations for each project
· Initiating a CRM program to maintain good on-going communications with customers and potential customers
· Working with marketing team to produce broad and targeted sales/marketing material.
· Provide exhibition sales presence and lead follow up
· New business development and maintaining of existing customers
· Liaise with project team post order
You will need to be a dynamic, self-motivated sales professional with a minimum of 2 years sales experience and mechanical engineering qualifications or alternatively will have worked in a sales/support role in a related field.
The following skills would be necessary for consideration for this position:-
· Mechanical engineering qualifications
· Familiarity with AutoCAD LT (2D mechanical layout design) would be ideal.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint).
· Full, clean, driving licence is essential.
· Good level of English/mathematics together with written & verbal communication skills
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Confidence in negotiating situations with clients