Business Development Manager - IFA Fund Sales
Our client is a specialist fund manager in the residential property sector and launched the UK’s first residential Property Authorised Investment Fund, which enables retail investors, including those investing through ISA and SIPP wrappers, to invest in residential property from as little as £1,000.
Successful Business Development Managers are now being sought to expand the intermediary distribution team as part of their strategy to increase market penetration and AUM.
- To make face-to-face and telephone sales calls to Financial Advisers, Discretionary Managers, Multi-Asset Fund Managers and Research Teams to educate them on the benefits of residential property as an asset class & their fund specifically
- To drive new and incremental investment into the fund by gaining commitment from those groups to use the fund in their investment portfolios
- To engender trust & forge strong working relationships with your panel
- To fulfil ancillary sales requirements by email or post
- To manage day to day relationship with administrational touch points at platforms, their ACD and fund administrator to resolve basic dealing problems for your panel
- Demonstrable understanding of methods of distributing funds in the current UK Financial Services environment
- Proven success in a similar sales role in the financial services environment, preferably distributing regulated funds
- Knowledge of open ended investment funds and their taxation
- Understanding of tax-efficient wrappers such as SIPP, ISA and Offshore Bonds
- Professional appearance and a confident, outgoing personality
- The ability to work in a small team, must be a confident self-starter able to identify what requires doing and driving through to delivery in a professional manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with a strong, persuasive manner able to influence at all levels
- Proficient in the use of normal office software packages
- Experience of writing compliant presentations & delivering them to demanding audiences
- A strong existing panel of Industry contacts, especially financial advisers
In return, our client is offering a basic salary iro £45,000 + On Target Earnings c. £90,000 + 25 days holiday and an auto-enrolment pension scheme.