Job Title: Accountant
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary: up to £26,715 pa
Location: Stoke on Trent
- Degree/Professional Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA)/ equivalent: Preferred
- Capabilities of computerised Accounting systems
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving
To provide a Professional Management Accounting service and financial support to allocated Company Depots or Cost Centres through the provision of monthly management accounts and the monitoring of their financial performance.
- Business/Professional Expertise: Develop an in-depth knowledge of general accepted accounting theory and principles, accounting and financial P&P together with UK statutory and regulatory requirements. Use this knowledge to provide allocated Depots or Cost Centres with a professional management accounting service and ensure the correct utilisation of approved financial systems and P&P.
- Preparation of Accounts: Produce monthly profit and loss/management accounts for allocated Depots and Cost Centres. Reconcile management accounts to all ledgers which include all relevant journal entries and associated balance sheet items. Ensure all transactions comply with the Company's Financial P&P.
- Business Alignments: Provide the optimum Customer experience whilst delivering a flexible and effective business focused management accounting service. Monitor the financial performance of allocated Depots and Cost Centres. Provides monthly analysis and reports on this data to management, highlighting key financial issues, cost variances against finance plan and risks.
- Financial Compliance: Ensure compliance with Company and Statutory financial regulations and update Assurenet records for allocated expense codes within agreed timescales and minimise/control risks to the Company.
- Cash Management: Ensure effective cash management by monitoring prepayments and accruals.