Our client, a specialist business service organsation are currently looking for an accounts assistant to cover maternity leave for a current memeber of staff for a period of 9-12 months.
The main purpose of the role will be to maintain the ledgers for the business and ensure all the daily accounting duties are covered.
- Invoicing clients in an accurate and timely manner thereby safeguarding and facilitating the flow of cash around the buisness
- Distributing sales invoices & dealing with customer queries as and when they arise
- Assisting with the period end and accruals process; including preparation or review of periodic Balance sheet reconcilitaions
- Bank reconciliations
- Liaising with both the Finance and other departments to ensure the integrity of standing data is maintained
- Customer credit checks & ongoing monitoring of new customers
- Credit control, observing monies received and chasing old debts
- Producing the monthly sales reconciliation
- Obtaining client PO’s and assigning them to sales invoices
- Producing a monthly breakdown of income by region and distributing to regional managers.
- Producing the monthly hours reconciliation
- Reviewing regional payroll journals prior to posting
- General ad hoc queries from clients and colleagues
The successful candidate would possess the following skills and experience:
- Level 3 AAT or above
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- Accounts preparation up to and including Trial Balance
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Accounts Assistant - Kent - Accountancy and Finance