Senior 1 Radiographer - Cross Sectional
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
We have an opportunity for a Senior 1 Radiographer to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will rotate between the CT and MRI departments as well as the General X-Ray department for On-Call purposes.
The Cross-Sectional Departments are currently comprised of a GE 750 HD CT scanner and 2 Philips Ingenia 1.5T MRI scanners. The CT and MRI departments perform a wide variety of examinations including body imaging, neurological, cardiac and biopsy procedures in CT and neurological, musculoskeletal, angiography, liver and breast imaging within MRI.
Your objective will be to work with a team of Senior and Superintendent Radiographers to provide high standards of service to all of BUPA Cromwell's customers. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers it's employees an environment where we embrace engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity and help our people to realise their potential.
Please note, the closing date for applications is Friday 19th May
We're looking for you to have:
- Bsc or DCR in Radiography and professional registration with HCPC
- Substantial CT and MRI Experience
- Experience with Neuro, body and ortho CT & MRI is desirable
- Training with Philips MRI and GE CT would be desirable
- Effective Communicator
- Excellent Organisational Skills and Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary and Shifts
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week. The salary range is from £39,931 - £47,811 per annum dependant upon experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the daily management of the CT/MRI Service in liaison with the Superintendent Radiographers; organising the daily work schedule to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- To participate in a departmental On-Call rota and to work flexible hours ifand when required, to accommodate changing workload patterns in CT, MRI and General X-Ray departments.
- To develop and maintain staff rotas to ensure appropriate staff coverage on the respective scanner, whilst regularly participating in the general departmental On-Call.
- To understand and implement all policies and procedures relating specifically to CT/MRI and General X-Ray.
- To keep up-to-date with CT/MRI scanning developments, and participate in teaching other staff.
- To perform high quality examinations as required by referring Physicians, in line with departmental policies and procedures whilst ensuring that all patients being investigated receive a high standard of care.
Why work for us?
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
For any further information on this position or to request an informal visit, please contact Louise at