Senior Geotechnical Design
Job Title: Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer
Salary: £35K - £40K
Do you want a career that did not restrict you? Perhaps work for a consultancy which was international and delivered innovative engineering designs? Then look no further... We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our team based in Kent.
1. Design delivery of the geotechnical elements of existing and future projects
2. Co-ordinate with other engineers both in the regional offices and between groups
3. Prepare fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects
4. Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects
5. Support less experienced staff, sharing knowledge and acting as a coach or mentor
6. Specify and/or manage site examination and investigation work
7. Identify and manage risks for the work to agreed acceptable levels
8. Develop the relationship between the company and new and existing clients in order to identify potential work
9. Contribute to the management of the company by participating in Action Groups
10. Comply with the Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations and general legislation
11. Provide support to the Quality Manager by participating in training, audits and providing feedback
Skills & Experience Required:
1. MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering, preferably with an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering and/or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering
2. Chartered Engineer or nearing chartered experience
3. Extensive post graduate experience in Geotechnical Engineering and Geotechnical Design to current UK standards, particularly Eurocodes
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.