Mortgage Contract Variations Underwriter
The successful candidate will have recent experience in second charge lending and be CeMAP qualified. The role will be very technical, dealing mortgage cases for self employed individuals and bad credit history.
Duties and experience required include:
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly
- Experience in Specialist lending and or contract variations as an Underwriter holding a mandate of £200k minimum for a minimum of 2 years.
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage intermediary market and related FCA permissions is ideal.
- Detailed understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews.
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
- Educated to at least GCSE level including Maths and English