Job: Engineering Manager
Salary: £45-50,000 + benefits
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a strategically-minded Engineering Manager to join a leading FMCG manufacturer based in Stoke-on-Trent.
My client is an established international supplier of bespoke, heavy industry, products into a key sector and due to continued business development, this position has been created to provide a key link between Maintenance and all other operational departments including EHS, Quality, Production and CI.
The role of Engineering Manager is to ensure the plant and processes are effective to produce to the current and future needs, by strategically prioritising the engineering requirements of the site. This role is a key conduit for creating and communication of the site vision, and sets the tone for how to behave within the site. The Engineering Manager should inspire and motivate their direct reports to motive their teams - by leading and developing the people and culture within the engineering department.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage and control the site maintenance activities including both operational as well as facilities maintenance
- Manage and control the stores, site services and organisation of the department
- Manage and control the links between Maintenance and the EHS, QA, CI & production departments liaising with team leads to prioritise and schedule work
- Plan and control the departmental budget
- Develop and implement core processes and procedures
- Manage and develop the personnel in the department through training and coaching
- Deliver against site KPIs such as H&S, production TME, CI and 8D
- Define, coordinate and report maintenance schedules and status
- Set and drive performance of the team members
- Challenge the status quo
- Continuously seek to add value, improve efficiency, and reduce wastage through applying lean principles, wherever applicable
- Liaise with other central functions (e.g. central engineering, EHSQ)
The Engineering Manager will ideally have the following skills / attributes:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- The job holder will ideally hold, or be able to attain, the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, in addition to environmental related qualifications.
- Experience of personnel management
- Proven experience of Plant Reliability
- Working with CI to deliver performance enhancements
- Project management experience
If you are interested in this position, then please apply with an updated CV as soon as possible.
Premier are acting as an employment agency