Account Executive - Sales
NLA media access is a dynamic publisher owned copyright licensing body and database business with ambitious growth plans in the provision and licensing of news content.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic sales people to join our sales team in our bright and attractive Tunbridge wells office. We have 20 sales staff in total; 10 in account management (renewals) and 10 in New Business.
The New business team needs people now. Sales experience is helpful though not essential, as long as you are a quick learner, happy and confident on the phone, and keen to hit targets and earn uncapped commission! This is a chance to join a successful company with career progression opportunities.
- Role - Account Executive - Sales
- Basic Salary - £17,234
- OTE - £25,000+
- Clients - Public, private and charitable businesses including public relations agencies
- Office location - Tunbridge Wells with occasional accompanied visits to clients.
- Reporting to - Senior Account Manager
- Progression - Opportunity to progress to an Account Manager role after a minimum of six month’s over performance at Account Executive Level. Over performance includes revenue and half year appraisal measures.
To identify, contact and advise unlicensed organisations on the use of copyrighted material and actively licensing those organisations requiring copyright cover. Providing advice and guidance on the most appropriate level of licence cover for each organisation.
- To manage a prospect pool of unlicensed organisations, contacting them to understand their copying behaviour and advising them of their copyright obligations.
- To satisfactorily manage your individual sales pipeline from initial call through to, identification of copying activity and conclusion of an NLA licence where appropriate.
- To satisfactorily administer the licence application from initial contact, licensing & copyright advice, application submission and fee agreement.
- To achieve monthly individual revenue targets through the effective administration and sale of licences ensuring satisfactory levels of performance and customer service.
- To use the tools and management information resources available (e.g. MMO reports) to understand the client’s use of news content and to assist them with the NLA licence application submission.
- Where appropriate to license all copying activity in a combined licence sale (ie past, current, internal, external copying) ensuring the client has cover for all activity undertaken.
Revenue and performance standards:
- On entry, if the individual has no previous licensing experience, they will be on a reduced target, increasing on a sliding scale over a six month period
- AEs will work a prospect pool of 250 business leads (which will be provided to them) from cold call to identification of copying and licence sale until such point as a pipeline is built up.
- AEs should be achieving a 'Satisfactory’ level of performance against each measure outlined on the A/E annual appraisal form.