Electrical Design Engineer
We currently have a fantastic new opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join a growing company in Leeds. Our client is an award winning engineering consultancy with experience working on numerous projects from educational institutions, through to industrial and aviation establishments. They pride themselves on delivering a professional service that is client-focussed, which has led to a prestigious reputation within the industry. Due to company growth, our client is in search of an Electrical Design Engineer between the junior and intermediate levels to join their team.
As the selected candidate, you will have an array of jobs and responsibilities in order to ensure the further success of the company. Those roles will include:
- Carrying out electrical design calculations using Bentley or IES, and Dialux software
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Providing technical support and advice to clients
- Assisting with the production of electrical services specifications and schedules
- Representing the business at meetings as required
- Conducting initial and concept electrical designs
The essential skills required to ensure the above roles are carried out quickly and effectively, are:
- Educated to at least HNC and/or Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services or Electrical Engineering
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of producing detailed electrical design solutions for 400V/230V power supply and distribution systems, earthing, primary and emergency lighting and access control etc.
- Skilled at using Bentley or IES, AutoCAD, Cymap and Hevacomp
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It is also preferred that candidates have previous experience of an engineering organisation, are working towards a Chartership and are capable of using Revit.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Rebecca Moore on or email and quote 11832. Alternately you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.