We are recruiting on behalf of an established manufacturing company near Basingstoke for a CAD Technician to join their engineering team. The role will involve providing computer aided design and management services within the engineering department. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing 2D and 3D factory layouts, component designs and flow diagrams for a variety of projects.
Day to day duties:
- Maintain and manage the site document management system
- Providing an efficient technical update service to all relevant departments
- Use approved CAD software (Inventor, Revit and AutoCAD) to produce 2D and 3D design plans for buildings and equipment
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all design requirements are met
- Ensure all CAD and print systems are maintained in good working order
- Conduct project reviews
- Produce point cloud reference files from on-site surveys
- Maintain CAD software budget and provide a budget for all CAD technology items
- Supply technical support
- Customising CAD programs
Applicants must have experience of working in a drawing office, be able to produce 2D and 3D design plans for buildings and equipment with a relevant qualification. Knowledge of electrical installations and civil engineering practises would be an advantage as would laser scanning experience.
The role is full time Monday to Friday and the contract is permanent or fixed term for 1 year.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.