Small Works Coordinator / Building Contract Manager
Job Title: Small Works Coordinator
Location: London, SW1W
Salary: £28-30,000 dependent on skills and experience
To effectively, efficiently and properly manage small works projects including costs management, pricing, securing new opportunities, building and maintaining excellent client relationships, maximising the profitability of high-quality project sites. Must also fulfill some administrative tasks, supporting Directors and Site Managers.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- CSCS pass essential and card must be held/ willingness to apply essential.
- Good standards of GCSE passes preferable; A levels an advantage.
- SMSTS held or willing to undertake training.
- Strong IT skills including email, Word and Excel and a professional telephone manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to check own work and perform checks on other works completed.
- Ability to develop procedures and record/ improve on these.
- Keeps accurate records of all transactions, pricing, works completed and invoicing.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to check own work and perform checks on other works completed.
- Willing to visit sites, check works required, book subcontractors and issue a price promptly.
- Able to complete a project to clients' specifications- on time, to quoted cost and facilitate sign off of works by Contracts Director.
- To take responsibility for pricing works, and invoicing on completion.
- Appreciates the importance of responsibility in matters of Health and Safety and can liaise with subcontractors to obtain RAMS and competency information.
- To apply for and obtain scaffold licences, parking suspension where required to facilitate works.
- Professional manner with good problem-solving skills, proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Positive, conscientious person with good communication skills and a good standard of spoken and written English.
- Willing to take on varied training courses for personal, business and professional development.
- Diary and email support to Contracts Director.
- Experience of dealing with subcontracted companies and workers as well as employees to be demonstrated.
- Experience of dealing with clients, residents, surveyors and Clerks of Works desirable.
- Experience of purchasing and ordering materials for site at the best competitive price, and of allowing sufficient time for administration and delivery of orders.
The company is a constantly growing and evolving family; they believe in and invest in ongoing training for all, enabling every member of the family to learn and develop their skills. Because of this, no role description is exhaustive, and after consultation with you, some changes may occur to any role description as time progresses. This helps the company to remain open to new ideas, and helps to ensure that you are fulfilled within your role whilst meeting the needs of the company.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter.