SMART Repair Technician
SMART Repair Technician
Birmingham Mercedes Benz
Basic of £25,244 OTE of £32,804
When Lei Shing Hong commenced its first Mercedes Benz dealership over 45 years ago, it started its journey to become the world’s largest Mercedes Benz retailer. Today the international group operates over 143 Mercedes Benz dealerships in markets such as China, Australia, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, and most recently in Germany and the UK.
Our UK dealerships operate under the corporate business LSH Auto UK Limited, with 9 Dealerships in the Birmingham and Manchester regions.
We require a SMART Repair Technician of the highest calibre to join our busy Bodyshop at our Mercedes Benz Dealership in Birmingham. We offer a superb opportunity to the right person who is able to demonstrate a successful and stable track record (ideally within the automotive industry although not necessary as full training will be provided).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that when working with hazardous substances that all mandatory COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations are fully adhered to
- Ensure that the correct PPE is used as appropriate to the task or as directed
- No work is to be completed without a valid job card unless authorised by the After Sales/ General Manager
- Report on the job card all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle
- Seek clarification from the Supervisor if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
- Complete assigned jobs within the estimated repair/paint times
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures
The ideal candidate will:
• To demonstrate a high level of competency for panel preparation, paintless dent removal (PDR) and panel beating
• To demonstrate a high level of competency for vehicle paint repairs and refinishing
• NVQ Level 3, Vehicle Refinishing Level 2, Vehicle Body Fitting or Equivalent
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Valid driving licence
This position is within a busy service environment, as such you will be provided with a competitive package of £25,244 basic, with a £7,560 bonus and is a fulltime including 20 days paid annual leave and employee benefits package.
Are you frustrated at being unable to realise your full potential in your current role? If so and want to be part of a successful team, and you feel up to the challenge, and have the relevant experience and ability we are looking for APPLY TODAY!